Audible for Android - Listen to books on your phone

Listen to audiobooks with Audible for Android


The Droid mobile phones have a lot of cool features on it.  I instantly fell in love with it because of the GPS, Camera, Augmented Reality capabilities, QR code scanning, and the Droid Marketplace!  Another one of my favorite features of my Android device is the fact that I can listen to books from Audible.com on it. Find out if your listening device is AudibleReady! Search the 500+ devices compatible with Audible audiobooks.Audible

Audible books are a great tool and great gifts
Audible Audiobooks

Books from Audible make great gifts


Audio books from Audible makes for a great gift. I have received a few audio books as gifts (Six pixels of Separation Everyone is Connected, The New Rules of Marketing and PR ... and The Alchemist)  and I have enjoyed each of them.  The process to receive them is quite simple and having the ability to listen to them on my Android phone while on the go is priceless! Download audiobooks to your iPod, iPhone, Blackberr, iPad and other mobile devices.  Start first by getting the  Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership].



Convert Audible Books to MP3


This was a must have for me because I really enjoy listening to my audio books from Audible.com on my phone.  Well, after searching for a solution in the Droid Marketplace and Google.  I came up with a nice recipe that makes listening to audio books a breeze.  First you have to get purchase special software that converts your Audible books to mp3 format.  It is called, Sound Taxi and you can download it here: http://www.sound-taxi.info/.  Sound Taxi is an application that "Easily convert your DRM protected and any non-protected music and movie files toMP3, M4A (iPod), WMA or WAV (audio) and MP4, AVI (DivX) or WMV (video) at high speed and CD quality - legally."  

The application downloads and installs quickly and costs about $30.  Once you install the software and convert your audio books, transfer the converted audio books to your Droid (Android) mobile device.  After that go to the Droid Marketplace and download Astro Player. This application allows you to access all of your audio books by creating a "playlist" for them and you can create bookmarks!!  This application is free and works very well.  It is still in beta so please keep that in mind.  I had to re-install it once because my Droid Eris phone got "stuck" but that was only one time; it may have been something that I have done so I am not blaming the Astro Player.  Actually, I think it is a great application and I am excited that I am able to play my audio books on my Droid.

Check it out by searching the Droid Marketplace for Astro Player.  Remember to download and purchase SoundTaxi from http://www.sound-taxi.info/ so you can convert your Audible.com books into mp3 format.

Get your very own subscription to Audible.com - Audible Free Trial [Digital Membership]!

Learn how to get Audible for Android
Learn how to get Audible for Android





No comments

Copyright © 2018 Mobile Marketing All rights reserved.