Lemons: Mobile Marketing that Almost Hit the Mark


Mobile Marketing with QR Codes

I have done numerous posts on the use of QR codes on product packaging to educate and engage with consumers.  I think using barcodes to engage and educate consumers on how to use a product or to highlight the features and benefits of a product is great for a number of reasons. Here are a few:

  • QR codes, when used properly, can provide valuable content to consumers such as recipes, how-tos, etc.
  • OR codes can allow for consumers to provide feedback on a product, for example, via a form or short survey
  • QR codes can provide rich content that could be used to broaden the consumers knowledge of a product through videos, for example.

Which brings me to the whole point of this blog post: the lemon mobile marketing campaign that almost hit the mark.

Limoneira (a company that grows and sells pre-packaged lemons at local grocery stores, placed a QR code on their product packaging. Of course I pulled out my Samsung Galaxy S3, opened my QR code reader (inigma barcode scanner) and scanned the QR code on the nicely designed package which displayed, "Unleash the Natural Power of Lemons! Scan for more information or visit www. limoneira.com." I thought, "Wow! What a great way to use QR codes."  

After I scanned the code I was directed to a web site that had great information on lemons which included everything from health benefits to recipes. The content provided to me on the Limoneira website was very useful and educational. I like how the product packaging sparked my curiosity about lemons which actually encouraged me to scan the QR code. Where this mobile marketing effort missed the mark was with the non-responsive or non-mobile website. Other than that one major factor, it was a great use of QR codes.

 The pictures below are screenshots from the Limoneira QR code campaign:




I hope you have found this information helpful as you research and create your mobile marketing campaigns!


No comments

Copyright © 2018 Mobile Marketing All rights reserved.