QR Codes in Grocery Stores

QR Codes in Grocery Stores - Engaging at Point of Purchase


Products in grocery stores are using QR codes to engage and educate consumers before and after purchase.  Included in this article is a picture of a product found in Meijer, from a brand called, Gardein.  Gardein has QR codes on packaging that when scanned takes users to a website that has recipes.  I found this very helpful specifically because I am new to preparing vegetarian dishes and their site provides useful recipes that can help me as I am on my way to becoming a vegetarian.  Gardein almost hit the mark with this one, but the QR code does not lead consumers to a mobile friendly landing page. The idea of having a QR code that educates and engages consumers prior to purchase and while they are in the decision making process can help with increasing sales because the consumer will be educated on the product and be introduced to ways they can actually use it, like with recipes in this example. image




This is a great idea, however; the only thing I would change with this is particular program is to make the recipes mobile friendly.  I scanned the QR code with my Samsung Galaxy Tab so it wasn't too difficult to view the recipes,  but I still had to pinch and zoom to read the text. Making it mobile friendly would have made for a more pleasurable experience, but overall I really enjoyed having the opportunity to learn about a product and be educated on it with my mobile device.


one.





Gardein, Awesome Use of QR Codes


Overall, Gardein did a great job of engaging with consumers and educating them on their products. 


Gardein, thanks for being a forward thinking marketing team and using QR codes to engage and educate consumers.   When you plan your next marketing program, contact our team. We have lots of experience in the mobile development and would like the opportunity to work with your team to create an engaging mobile marketing program with you.




Additional links to articles on QR codes, mobile apps, and marketing

[box type="shadow"]

[/box]
No comments

Copyright © 2018 Mobile Marketing All rights reserved.